Thursday, October 4, 2018

Call Me Ishmael



A few months ago I finally acquired one of my holy grail pens. It's Ryan Krusac Studios homage to Moby-Dick.

The body of the pen is made from naturally shed moose antler, found in the wild. Through the process of scrimshaw the image of Moby- Dick attacking the Pequod is etched into the moose antler. The cap is made from ziricote wood from Belize and the appointments are bronze. The bronze appointments are starting to show some brassing giving the pen a wonderful and personal touch.

The pen has some heft but is quite comfortable to write with for long periods of time. The nib is a 1.4 italic and is a very smooth writer. 

Overall the pen has a vintage look and has quickly become one of my favorite pens.


I forgot to mention that Moby-Dick is my favorite novel that I re-read often.

photos: Ryan Krusac Studios

Cliff Jacobs
Have Pen, Will Write

No comments: